- According to a Canadian study, 60% of Canadian mothers feel they simply don’t have enough time to take care of themselves.
- While 70% don’t even rank themselves among their top three priorities in life!
- While we care for the needs of our children, spouses, elderly parents, coworkers, bosses, friends, family, and our community – our own self-care continually gets pushed off. We are left unbalanced, unhappy and unfulfilled.
- Why is this the case for Canadian women? Because many Canadian women believe that taking care of themselves is selfish or self-indulgent.
We have a pervasive belief in North America that taking time for self-care is selfish, self-indulgent or worse yet, that it means we are not busy enough! Whether it be making time for a bath, prioritizing going to the gym, taking a painting class, or making a date to meet a friend for lunch – it is not self-indulgent to care for one’s self. We prefer to see it as SELF-AWARE.
This Video Is A Beautiful Reminder To #LetGo And Live Your Life – Read more here
Bliss B4 Laundry wants to help change these statistics!
Our vision for Bliss B4 Laundry involves reaching as many Canadians as we can with a simple reminder to step back from the busy and overwhelming hamster wheel we sometimes find ourselves on – and instead – take a breather.
The events we create at Bliss ask us all to stand with the squeaky wheel silenced. Just stand and listen. Reconnect. Remember. Rediscover.
Because it is during these ‘pauses’ in life that we regain focus. We listen to our heartsong. We reconnect with what makes us truly happy. We heal.
At Bliss Weekends, the workshops and group sessions provide you with the skills and awareness necessary to help you find balance and rejuvenation in all aspects of your life. Some sessions will inspire you to move beyond perceived limitations; others will nurture you with the peace and harmony found in the present moment.
These are examples of workshops we will be offering this September 25-27 at Camp Kawartha:
Mamacare: A Self-Care Framework for Busy Mothers – Presented by Jessica Sherman
When we become mothers we go through a massive transition that is largely unnoticed; just like our little ones, we start up a long and steep learning curve and we grow in ways we never could have imagined. The speed of life takes off and our own needs, our own growth, our own sense of self, too often gets tossed to the periphery. We become exhausted.
The MamaCare framework, developed by nutritionist and mom Jess Sherman, offers a different way of mothering; a way for too-busy mothers to integrate their needs into the daily act of parenting, and reclaim their health by becoming the Chief Financial Officers of their energy bank accounts.
In this dynamic and interactive session Jess will help you quickly and efficiently identify your needs and build a box of tools, from meals to mindset, to ensure you avoid energetic bankruptcy. The MamaCare framework is one that you can take home and make your own, applying it on an ongoing basis so you stay healthy for years to come.
Vision Quest: It Starts From Within – Presented by Candice Gallinger
Many of us seek external sources to fill a void that is deep within. You may look ahead to the future and think “I will be happy when… I get a better job, make more money, find a loving partner, am a size or two smaller….” It can be difficult to experience pure joy when trapped in your mind running through such lists.
As a result, it becomes next to impossible to feel content or at peace in the present moment. Once we are able to truly love and accept ourselves for who we are, we gain a powerful tool to rise above the drama of our mind. By rewriting our limiting beliefs and releasing any feelings we have attached to them, we tap into the parts hidden deep within our heart.
Discover how to follow your own higher guidance system to experience true happiness in the now.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how meditation and the practice of being fully present in the moment can have a positive effect on your health and your life
- Find what makes your heart sing by asking key questions and listening to the signs from within
- Gain the tools you need to let go of old stories and begin to write the story of your dreams